How to Carve a Gator Pumpkin for your Tailgate
Want to have a unique addition to your Florida-Georgia tailgate party this weekend? With Halloween only days after the big game, carve the Gator logo into a pumpkin instead of any of the other traditional carvings and use it for your tailgate decorations this weekend! Here's directions on how to do it (with pictures).
1. Cut the top (or bottom) of the pumpkin out and clean it out.
2. Download and print this image as large as you can. (You will notice I didn't do the cursive Gators font on mine in the pictures)
3. Tape the pattern where you want it on the pumpkin.
4. Poke holes on the outline of all of the black areas. (It is extremely helpful to use the Pumkin Carving Kit sold at Wal-Mart)
5. Remove the paper pattern and cut along the dotted lines with a pumpkin carving saw.
6. Begin to remove the cut pieces of pumpkin.
7. You may have insert a small stick or toothpick to hold the Gators mouth from drooping because it is such a long cut (as you can see in the picture below)
8. Insert candle light inside to light it up and GO GATORS!
EXPLORE SIMILAR STORIES
- 1 of 278