10 Reasons Why I Hate Georgia (and you should too)
I hate Georgia with a passion, and you as a Gator fan should too. Certainly, we as Gators have our share of rivals with Tennessee, Florida State, Miami, and others; but here are ten reasons why Georgia should be at the top of your hate list:
1. If I have to hear about Lindsay Scott and "Run Lindsay Run" again, I will go off on someone in red and black. It was one play and one win back in the 80's that is irrelevant today. (Do you hear us talking about Bell to Nattiel every year?)
2. They consider themselves more classy than Florida fans because they dress up for the games in dress pants, button-ups, and ties. I think they look like their mom dressed them for church in 100 degree weather. Comfort beats looking like an over-dressed tool any day. Also, lose the red pants. They look like you stole them off the homeless clown under the Modis building.
3. They complain about the game being in Jacksonville rather than Atlanta....but you never heard them complain back before the 90s, did you? That's because they have to have an excuse for getting blistered every year and that's the best one they can come up with.
4. Their defensive coordinator, Todd Grantham, was yelling at Chaz Henry before his overtime field goal kick, "You're going to f***ing choke!" while doing a choking motion.
5. Because they bark at people. It always makes me wonder, do they realize they're actually barking like a dog? Seriously?
6. They claim a victory in 1904 against a team from Lake City, when the actual University of Florida that we cheer for today never fielded a football team until 1906.
7. They call their band the "Redcoats." Why support the British that we fought for our independence?
8. The 2007 Celebration will never be forgotten. NEVER. FORGOTTEN.
9. "Glory Glory" is their fight song? Do they even know that's the same song the Yankees sang as they burned down cities in Georgia during the Civil War? Incompetence.
10. Lastly, they think they're a national power. They aren't and they haven't been in 3 decades. They haven't been a national power since Herschel Walker left 30 years ago. Get over yourself, leg-humpers and let me know when you play for the real trophy, the BCS Title.
Every year at the beginning of the season, "This is our year..." Unfortunately for them, it always ends the same way.
EXPLORE SIMILAR STORIES
- 1 of 269